Using Muscle Tan for the first time follow these instructions.
To get the best results from Muscle Tan it is important that you follow all these steps.
Preparation for your competition tan.
You have trained hard, now you need the best results for up on stage, follow these instructions for the very best.
A week before your competition start preparing your body by moisturising daily and exfoliating daily.
- Do not use any bar soaps or commercially made body scrubs, some of these products contain ingredients that can affect the result of your tan. Pay particular attention your hands, feet, heels, elbows and knees we recommend our exfoliating mitt. The better condition that your skin is in, the better results you will have from muscle tan absorbing into it.
- Shaving and Waxing - we suggest that you complete any shaving at least 8 hours prior to your tan, it is preferable the night before. With waxing we suggest that it is completed 3 days prior to your tan, if you are not a regular waxer then please wax 7-10 days prior. Once muscle tan is applied you can not shave or wax.
- Make up, deodorant or perfumes do not apply any of these before or after your muscle tan application, these products can raise your skins ph levels and turn your skin green. To stop any of your finger nails or toe nails being stained we suggest that you apply a clear nail polish. Or applying Black Magic Barrier Cream will stop this as well.
- Tanning - ensure that your body is clean and dry prior to tanning, wear loose fitting clothes DO NOT WEAR Red as Red will turn your tan green, this is due to the dye in the material. An oversized shirt and no elastic tracksuit bottoms or shorts are best. DO NOT WEAR TIGHT FITTING CLOTHES.
- Tanning Process depending on who and where you are being tanned will determine if you get tanned nude, discuss this with your spraytanner prior to getting spray tanned. If you have long hair we suggest that you wear a hair net. The full tanning process takes about 5 mins per application, drying time is about 20 - 30 minutes. You may feel a little sticky for about an hour afterwards.
- Application Muscle Tan is a high build tan to give you the deep colour that you require under the lights, it is designed to be sprayed on 3 times heavier than normal spray tan per coat. Using the drying function of your tanning machine dry yourself between each coat. If you choose to sleep in your Muscle Tan wear loose light weight full lenght pj's to protect your tans from hand marks while you are sleeping. If you are staying at a hotel we suggest that you bring your own sheets to avoid any problems with management about rub off on to the hotel sheets.
The do NOTS after your muscle tan has been applied.
If you need a quick touch up Muscle Tan mousse is your best friend, Muscle Tan Mousse can be applied easliy and quickly to areas that have become marked.
In most cases 2 coats of muscle tan applied the night before the competition will be ample, if you are extremely fair you should get a base tan the day before the application of muscle tan. By applying muscle tan the night before you will give the colour a chance to darken as muscle tan has 10% DHA, this level will darken underneath the bronzer colour giving you better depth of colour.
Posing attire - what you choose to wear on stage is entirely up to you, we suggest that you do not put on any tight or restrictive clothing for at least 4-5 hours after your product has been applied to allow it to completely dry. Please try and have any practise posing completed before you are sprayed.